Hello, again. Last week I had a special visitor at home. My mom came to visit. She usually comes up for the day or overnight, so when she agreed to stay the week, I was thrilled. Her visit was a little extra special this time because we celebrated her 75th birthday. I feel blessed and lucky to have had a little one-on-one time with her.
My mom has the energy of a 20 year old. Frankly, I don’t know how she does it. I asked her to share some tips to staying young and vibrant.
1. Take care of yourself in order to be of service to others, including family.
2. Keep moving. Stay active. If you don’t use it, you’ll lose it.
3. Eat well. Avoid process food. Learn to cook nutritious meals.
4. Stay connected with friends, get outside, meet friends.
5. Don’t let others define you. Age is just a number.
6. Find your inner peace. Pray, meditate, walk in nature.
7. Stay informed on current events.
8. Drink lots of water.
10. Stay positive. Life is a journey. You cannot control everything.
11. Laugh often.