If there is one thing we all need more of this year is sleep. Sleep deprivation can lead to serious health problems and is a public safety issue. I personally have never had a problem with sleep. In fact, I take my sleep seriously and so should you. Making small changes in the bedroom is a great start. It has been suggested that the bedroom should be between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit for optimal sleep. Besides the obvious bed, nightstand, pillows and sheets, there are 6 pieces every bedroom needs to bring calm and balance.
- A comfortable mattress is key.
- Layer windows with shades and curtains. Consider lining your curtains for your lifestyle (blackout liners and thermal liners).
- Reduce noise and keep floors warm in the bedroom with area rugs.
- Use task lighting and overhead lighting.
- Select art that is calming.
- Create balance and comfort with a upholstered chair in the bedroom.
- Leave the TV in the family room in order to quiet the mind before going to bed.
- Return laptops and phones to office area. The bedroom is for sleeping.
Consider using these six pieces every bedroom needs and two things it doesn’t for your next bedroom update. I am sure it will bring calm and balance for a restful sleep.
Image Credit: Ivelisse de Leon, Kathy Kincade /House Beautiful