Our friends at Big Chill have just made it easier to get ready for Thanksgiving with a great info-graphic. Don’t panic, you still have two full days before Thanksgiving arrives. After 20 years of hosting Thanksgiving dinner, I still find it to be my favorite holiday.
Ivy’s 10 Tips for a Harmonious Thanksgiving
- Use catering/prepared items from your favorite gourmet grocery store. Four of my favorite: Stew Leonards , Fresh Market, Williams-Sonoma, Adams Fairacre Farms
- Check to see if your store delivers same day or next day groceries. Shop online and save yourself a trip or let them shop, then all you do is pick up your bags and pay. Shop Rite is a great source in our area.
- Gather all serving platters, caving essentials and serving ware the day before.
- Set the table the night before. We love Eddie Ross Thanksgiving table for Lonny.
- Use a cooler outdoors to keep drinks cold and saves fridge room.
- If someone insist on bringing a dish, let them. Keep everyone happy.
- Have leftover containers ready for guest to take back home. I love these leftover Thanksgiving labels from Oh Happy Day. You can down load them here.
- Keep the dishwasher empty and ready to load.
- Play your favorite Christmas movie between dinner and dessert. Our favorite is Elf.
- To cut back on washing dishes, serve dessert on disposable chic dinnerware. Use regular flatware and ceramic mugs.
Most importantly, Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks, a day for sharing a meal with family and friends and strangers. Do as much as you can, or as little as you want to. We hope our 20 Tips and Tricks for a Harmonious Thanksgiving makes it easier. Happy Hosting!