Hello February! As I set out to accomplish my goals, besides eating well and staying healthy, there is one thing I’ve learned that I can’t do it alone. One way I stay motivated is to seek wisdom from bloggers in the community. One of the design bloggers I follow is Grace Bonney of Design Sponge.
I love that Grace highlights topics most of us think about, but are not willing to voice. She is a powerhouse in the design and blogging community. Grace recently completed the 100th Episode, Lessons Learned on After The Jump, radio show. Today, I’m sharing Grace’s 10 lessons learned.
The 100th Episode, Lessons Learned on After The Jump, By Grace Bonney
- There is no perfect balance. Life and work is a series of adjustments.
- Live in the moment.
- Always Keep Learning
- Your personal story is meaningful, important and valid.
- No job is perfect.
- Human interaction is at the core of everything we do.
- Design and people that are creative can do such powerful things to make a difference in the world.
- Understanding what goes into the things that surround you at home is so crucial important.
- It is our community’s responsibility to show and celebrate both the diversity in our community and to try to drive up the inclusiveness that exist.
- Don’t be afraid to have an opinion and stand behind it. We all define ourselves in those moments and those moments is what makes people believe in us and our brand.
It is my family, friends, community, and my passion for design that keep me motivated. I’m grateful to Grace Bonney for the design, stories and lessons shared. Grab a notebook and pen and head over to After the Jump and listen to the 10 lessons in more detail. There is so much information to takeaway. I’m sure you’ll want to listen to all 100 episodes.